Erratic posts from afar

Travel-blog from my multi-phase, multi-wedding visit to Turkey and Pakistan.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Found in Fethiye...

With apologies for long hiatus in posting (to be explained later): my priority is to let everyone know that (1) I am alive and well; and (2) you never know what you'll find when you're shopping for sunglasses. Evidence for (2) follows; you'll have to take my word on (1).

Exhibit A: Pile of probably pirated gameboy cartridges, featuring "Strawberry Shortcake Summertime Adventure" (new to me, but perhaps an international bestseller?).



Exhibit B: reverse side, featuring a glowing review...


Perhaps this heralds an approach to advertising based on reverse psychology?

Credit for the above goes to our intrepid and eagle-eyed Richard Tucker; I of course nearly hacked up a lung when he showed it to me. And here I thought Fethiye was just another sleepy little seaside town hovering between backpacker enclave and Euro package tour pit stop... who knew what treasures it concealed!

More updates coming soon!